This article runs you through getting started with stratejos and JIRA Server or JIRA Cloud (the steps are the same). The whole process takes less than 5 minutes. You'll have your own, smart JIRA bot up helping you and your team in no time.
Before you get started:
- Make sure you have administrative access to the JIRA instance you want to install stratejos on.
- Make sure your JIRA instance can communicate with the outside world. At this stage it only needs to be able to send data out. If your JIRA instance is locked down to internal traffic only then please contact us and we'll help you setup a stratejos virtual appliance within your network.
Step 1: Installing the Stratejos for JIRA plugin
The best way to use Stratejos with JIRA Server or JIRA Cloud is to use the Stratejos for JIRA plugin. You can install the plugin in two ways:
Via the Atlassian Marketplace
To install via the Atlassian Marketplace just visit the Stratejos for JIRA plugin page.
Then click "Try it free".
Via JIRA's Admin pages
To install through JIRA Administration:
- Login to JIRA
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Click "Add-ons". This will take you to the JIRA Administration Add-ons page.
- Enter stratejos into the search box
- Stratejos will appear
- Click "Install"
The red circles in the screenshot below highlight where to click on the Add-ons page:
Step 2: Setup your Organisation with Stratejos
Once the plugin is installed a new section and screen is added to your JIRA Administration portal.
Navigate to the JIRA Administration portal if you aren't there already by clicking the Gear icon
Down the left hand side of the JIRA Administration menu you will see "Configure Stratejos", clicking that will take you to the screen shown below. You can see the Configure Stratejos menu in the red circle.
Now follow the instructions on this screen, when you are done click "Create and Link Account". You will then see a list of projects you can ask stratejos to help with.
A few things to know:
- For Organisation Name: use your organisation's name or make one up
- For Email address: we automatically use your JIRA email. We don't recommend changing this to something else.
Step 3: Ask Stratejos to help manage a project or release for you
Before stratejos will start helping you need to ask it to help you. You do this by telling stratejos to help manage a project or release.
A project or release can be an entire JIRA project, multiple JIRA projects, a Fix Version within a JIRA project or a subset of a JIRA project as defined by JQL. In short, stratejos can help you manage your project no matter how you define it. You just need to tell stratejos about it and define it for stratejos.
To ask stratejos to help on a project navigate to the Project Settings screen for the project you want help with.
If you don't know how to do this:
- Go to Projects from the navigation bar across the top of the page
- Click view all Projects
- Click the project you want stratejos to help with
- Click Project Settings
- You now see the Project Settings screen.
On the Project Settings screen:
- Running down the left hand side of the Project Settings screen are some links (Details, Summary, Re-index project, etc).
- Click Stratejos Integration.
- You will see the screen below. Follow the instructions on this screen.
Step 4: Congratulate yourself
Now you can sit back and stratejos will start helping you manage your team.
If you ever want to view reports, dashboards, analytics and configure stratejos you can do so by logging into stratejos.