If you are using the JIRA Cloud or JIRA Server plugin then you may receive a prompt from stratejos saying that stratejos can't see your email address.
stratejos needs email addresses to work. stratejos uses email addresses as a unique identifier for people (e.g. to link them across multiple systems) and to send communications to them (if you've enabled this feature).
Step 1: Check you have an email visible on your profile
To see if you have an email address against your account:
- Click your avatar in the top right corner (the avatar is usually next to the gear icon )
- Click Profile
- You should now see your profile.
- Verify that you can see your email address on this page.
If you can't see your email then proceed to Step 2 below. Otherwise, you can now return to trying to setup stratejos or a project in stratejos.
Step 2: Allow your email address to be seen
So, you've verified that your email address exisits and you are still having the same issue as stratejos still can't see your email address. This most likely means that your JIRA instance is hiding emails from plugins.
Follow these steps to allow your email address to be seen by stratejos:
- Click the gear icon () in the top right corner of the screen to drop down the administration menu.
- Choose System from the menu that drops down
- Click the 'Edit Settings' button to the right of the screen ()
- Scroll down to change the User email visibility to Public or Show to logged in users only. (See screenshot of the User email visibility field below)
You should now be able to continue setting up stratejos or setting up a project in stratejos.